Saturday, April 12, 2014

Crazy fun, tiring Saturday

With Matt's new schedule we have to cram all of our "fun" and our "must do's" into Friday night and Saturday. I have to make sure I have everything ready Saturday night, for church the next morning. 
We started with me running to aldi to finish my grocery shopping.  Matt changed the oil in the van, then helped the neighbor fix something on their car.  While he worked on the cars, I fixed a picnic lunch and the kids played outside.  Matt had a bit of time to hold Brigham and find out that he is attempting to fit both fists in his chubby cheeks.

 We loaded in the van, I handed out sandwiches and drinks and we were on our way to Brown County.  We thought it'd be fun to visit lots of state parks this year.  So far we've been to Brown County and Potato Creek.  We were hoping that all 5 kids would sleep on the way, but only 3 actually did.  They all slept on the way home though.  We did a hike around Strahl lake that we had never done before.  It was definitely easier for the kids and I think they liked it better than the other one. 


 Me and my 2 walking partners (aka you have to hold your walking partners hand).

 Oh and no one fell in the lake, so that was a bonus.
 The turtles were loving the weather as much as we were.


 My kids and water = must throw things into the water, doesn't matter what.
We had a great time as always at Brown County and were so glad we got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

No comments: