Monday, April 14, 2008

Blog break

So I guess you could say I took a blog break. I'm not sure why, but I did.
Ally has now gone for 2 weeks without a "working" pacifier. She still likes to go to sleep holding onto her pacifier with a hole in it. I am so glad that it has gone well. Now we are attempting potty training. She has gone on the toilet at least once everyday. She doesn't understand she needs to tell me when she needs to go, so we've had several accidents. I've tried taking her to the bathroom every 1/2 hour, but somehow 5 minutes after sitting on the toilet for 15 minutes, she has an accident.
On Saturday we went with Matt's parents to the Newport Aquarium. We had a pretty good time. We had to change diapers as soon as we got there and Ally was soaked. Luckily I had taken in an extra outfit for each of them. So Ally was on extra outfit #1. An hour and a half later she soaked through AGAIN. So then she was wearing Cosette's extra outfit. She looked a little silly, but it doesn't matter because we didn't see anyone we knew. Then we went to Qdoba for lunch and headed home. Then we had a yummy dinner at Abuelos. The theme for the day was mexican food.
We traded vehicles with Matt's parents. So they took the Jeep with them and are going to try to sell it for us. Here's to hoping it sells so we can go buy a van.
My house right now is in shambles. Not really, but it feels that way. I feel as though I have hit a brick wall with getting everything done around the house. We aren't going anywhere today in hopes of getting more done. So far I've been pretty productive. Dishes are done, the girls have eaten breakfast and lunch, we've showered, made beds, washed laundry, folded laundry, put winter coats away, read my scriptures, and taken naps. Yet I feel like I have SO much still on my plate.
I am looking forward to this weekend. Matt and I are going to the SPEA dinner (last year it was super nice) and get to dress up for it. His parents are going to watch the girls for us. Then on Saturday we are doing the race 4 the cure walk. I really enjoy doing the walk, even though it is SUPER crowded.

1 comment:

Nisha said...

Wow, this sure doesn't make me look forward to breaking Sophie of the bink and potty training. I've heard if you can get through one week of taking her potty every 30 minutes, it will happen. Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing about Ally's progress.