Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lunch Bunch

The girls and I went to lunch bunch on Tuesday and then again today. It was so much fun for Ally. All the kids get a free sack lunch and sometimes different restaurants donate kids meals (Tuesday was Chick Fil A). They also get a free book and get to do some sort of craft. I signed the girls and I up for summer reading with the library. I made the reading goal for the girls 50 books. I think they both easily look through that many in 2 days. So all I will have to do is sit with them and actually read to them (I do read to them, but most of the time they prefer to look through the books themselves). I on the other hand am going to have a hard time with this. For the last year I started reading the Book of Mormon and finished it and as soon as I finished it I started the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price. Now I am like 3/4 the way through the Old Testmant. I try soo hard to make sure I read everyday. Somehow I am going to have to work other books into my day. Hopefully this works. Even if it doesn't the girls and I each got a free meal at Chick Fil A, just for signing up.

Does anyone else out there have trouble getting their child(ren) to eat a pb&j? I have to work so hard to get Ally to eat almost 1/4 of a sandwich. While on vacation she ate 1/2 a sandwich and I was so excited. A lot of the kids at church eat a whole sandwich with no fuss. I think Ally might just have a tiny stomach or something, because she doesn't seem to eat much anyway. Oh well maybe someday I won't have trouble getting her to eat food.

No comments: