Thursday, August 07, 2008

Our little bruiser

Cosette has been a walking accident lately. So I shared pictures of her black eye a week or 2 ago. Well, now she has a few scrapes in between her eyes. When she gets upset, she throws herself forward and when she did this the other day, she had checkers (the large ones) in front of her. Yesterday we were at my moms house and she cut her finger REALLY good on a table. My sister is re-doing a table my mom had that was glass. She put stained glass on it and is just trying to figure out what color of grout she wants to use, but in the mean time, it is sharp on some parts of the glass. Cosette had just reached up there and very easily cut it and didn't even notice. I spent an hour and a half getting it to stop gushing. I was THIS close to taking her to the doctor, but we were at my moms house because the satelite man was there, so we couldn't leave. Anyways...last night, we got home from my moms house and Cosette was sitting on the floor and Matt set her sippy cup in front of her on the floor and she got mad and threw herself forward and the spout part of the cup took a chunk from her little gums. So we had some more blood lose. I am writing about all this because I need to remember where all of the scars came from when she asks me.

2 comments:

MaiTy said...

Poor kid! Jennie was just like that when she was little. She'll grow out of it!

Jer n' Stef said...

lol! They literally beat themselves up at that age! It's not uncommon for a one year old take a flying leap into a solid inanimate object, like the floor or corner of ANYTHING. It's like their little heads are magnetically draw to the object that will do the most damage at the time!

If only we could pad everything in the house without it looking ridiculous. And no one wants to put their kid in a helmet but it doesn't keep me from considering it every time one of our children reach this phase.

It would be nice if as mothers we could, at the moment prior to impact, defy gravity in a matrix kind of way and literally save them from the impending injury.

Luckily it IS just a phase and they will live and learn but it's just so painful for both parties involved, baby & mom.