Monday, December 01, 2008

A fun Thanksgiving weekend

We headed up to Matts parents house for the holiday weekend. Thanksgiving was great with lots of good food and fun games played. Friday before lunch, Matt and I left the girls with his parents and headed to Goshen to see "Four Christmases" (which might I add, should be the must see movie right now) we loved this movie. It was so funny that I just about peed my pants about 10 times during the movie. I didn't want to miss anything, so I sat and held it. Anyways, make it a date night. From the movie, we drove to Shipshewana where we had hotel reservations. It was a nice hotel and we had a HUMONGOUS room. This room was incredibly large with openess. We drove back to Goshen for dinner and then stopped at Wal-Mart to pick up a surprise for the girls if they were good while we were gone. So the whole point of our little night away was that we were celebrating our 4 year anniversary, which just happened to land on Thanksgiving this year. Saturday we got up and headed home (Matts parents house). Then we all piled into 2 cars and drove to Fair Oaks (its a dairy in northern Indiana). While on the way there, Cosette threw up ALL OVER herself and her carseat. Luckily she missed all the coats that were sitting on the floor in front of her. So she and I spent the rest of the ride in the back of the van looking out the window and just praying that she wasn't going to throw up again, she didn't. Before we walked around the museum they have, Ally and I thought we'd go to the bathroom. We were doing great until I went to flush the toilet and somehow my cell phone fell out of my pocket of my coat and into the toilet. I fished it out fast and tried to dry it off. We got to take a tour of the dairy farm and it was really neat. We got to see a baby cow born (super cool, but I am so glad my deliveries are a little different than a cows). Then we headed to Pulaski County to see the Cranes come in (the girls fell asleep on the way and missed seeing the cranes). Then we drove to Valpo to eat yummy steak at Kelsey's. We had a great weekend, well except for me dropping my phone in the toilet. We are exhausted and ready for our next get away. This morning the girls and I headed over to Verizon and got Matt and I new cell phones. So if you know that I had your phone number, please email me your phone number so I can put it in the new phone. They can't retrieve anything from a phone that won't turn on. The girls and I are now just working on getting laundry done and packing for our trip back to Grandmas this week. They are having a cookie exchange in their ward and seeing as how I am pregnant, I thought it sounded good.
Well I hope your Thanksgiving was a fun one!

2 comments:

Nisha said...

Glad to hear that movie was so good. It seems like good movies only come out around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Happy Anniversary too. We're celebrating 4 years in a month. YAY for happy marriages :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.