Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just my thoughts...ramblings..and randomness

I ordered a book 2 weeks ago and have been excited to read it. It is The Gateway we call Death by Russell M. Nelson. I love this book. It has brought so much insight as I've read it. Here's a bit of what I like: we can't fully appreciate joyful reunions later without tearful separations now. The only way to take sorrow out of death is to take love out of life. I thought that was so good. Here's another: Parents who have surrendered the sweetest and smallest flowers from the family's garden need to remember our loving Heavenly Father. He has promised a special reward to those who now suffer in silence, who spend long days and longer nights through their trying times of bereavement. Our Creater has promised glory. He said, " For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand." (D&C 58:4) Elder Bruce R. McConkie said, "Little children shall be saved. They are alive in
Christ and shall have eternal life. For the family unit will continue, and the fulness of exaltation is theirs. No blessing shall be withheld. They shall rise in immortal glory, grow to full maturity, and live forever in the highest heaven of the celestial kingdom." Elder Nelson said, "Birth is the gateway to mortal life; death is the gateway to immortality and eternal life. Spiritually mature and sensitive children are called by their Creator prematurely to pass through the gateway to immortality and eternal life." "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2)
I have a few more chapters left in the book, but it has really helped with understanding and putting things in perspective.
Honestly there are more ups than downs by far for me. I feel like Heavenly Father had prepared me for this (if that is at all possible) not that I was ready to let Cosette go, but I feel like she has been with me several times and reassured me that things are going to be okay. I feel like not having Cosette here with me physically has been a huge reminder to me that I am still a mom, I still have other children that need me, and I will get to finish raising her. She makes me try harder everyday. Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks since she left us. It definetely feels like SO much longer. She left a huge hole in our family and I can't wait for it to be filled with her again. I'm sure she's making everyone laugh with all of her many faces, her desire for independence is probably driving someone crazy. Her looks are melting hearts. She's blowing everyone away with all that she knows. She is helping take care of all the young babies that are there with her. She is giving lots of hugs and kisses. I want to do all I can to make sure my family ends up together again. I am doing what I can right now, but feel at some point I will be able to do more. I am so thankful for the gospel, for my eternal marriage, and that I have all of my children sealed to me. We don't know how many more tomorrows we have, so we need to live each day like its our last. Smile more and help others smile as well. It's easier and more fun to go through life smiling, than to sulk through it.
Thank you to all for keeping our family in your prayers. We appreciate your friendship and heartfelt thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We love you guys! Can't wait to see you on Saturday. I will call you tomorrow.

The Stimpson Family said...

Wonderful thoughts, Tashina. Thank you for sharing those quotes and your feelings. They are wonderful.