Monday, January 05, 2009

We're back...

from an almost 2 week vacation to WARM Florida. We spent the first night on the road in Byron, GA. The 2-3 nights we spent in Cocoa Beach, Florida. The 3 of us had a great time playing in the sand, taking walks on the beach, swimming in the pool, and just relaxing. We had a great time there. The weather was fabulous. The 4 night we spent in Sarasota, FL with Matt's parents, sister and her husband. The weather was great there as well. We went to Siesta Key and found a lot of neat shells, swam in the gulf, played in the sand, and soaked in a lot of sun and warmth. The 5-9 nights we were at Disney World. We stayed at the Old Key West Resort and had a great time. Matt and I have sun tans!!! It's so nice to have a sun tan in January, we're thinking this is going to be a new tradition for our family. Maybe not going to Disney every year, but at least going to the beach every year after Christmas. We had a great time at Disney. It was pretty crowded, but we all managed to have a great time. We got to see all 4 parks and were able to ride most of the rides we wanted. Ally got to see almost all of her favorite princesses and Disney characters. I wasn't sure how she'd react to seeing them, since she was afraid to see santa, but she LOVED it. When it was her turn to go up to the character, she'd give them a hug and turn and smile for the camera, then she'd turn back around, give another hug, kiss, and was doing different hand shakes (thanks to her uncles) with the characters. So fun to watch. Ally did so well the whole trip. When she would have a melt down it'd be because it was either bedtime, naptime, or past meal time. She did great though. Ally was really good for the car ride both ways, thanks to the DVDs. I really enjoyed our trip to Disney and tried to soak as much of it up as I could. I enjoyed the rides at Magic Kingdom, the countries at Epcot, the animals at the Animal Kingdom, and seeing Ally get to meet Woody and Buzz. We had a great trip and are so glad we went. Thanks to John and Jackie/Mom and Dad/Papa and Dama for taking us. We had a great time.

On to how we are dealing...today it has been 1 month since Cosette passed. I've been sad most of the day, but have tried to be upbeat. She is definetely missed. I know she would have LOVED every minute of Disney, but she is getting to enjoy Heaven now. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I will be able to see her and hold her again. Ever since she passed there's been a HUGE piece missing from my life. It's hard to go from taking care of someone every day, to all of a sudden not having them here to care for and watch over. There are mornings I wake up and wonder what time she's going to be waking up. She's my angel and I am so grateful for her. I am grateful for the things she taught me while she was here. I know she's trying to make sure we do good every day so we can be with her in the eternities. She's a HUGE reminder to me of the reward I get for living a good life. You don't know the impact someones had on your life until they're gone. Cosette made a large impact on our lives and she was only 15 months old. I am thankful for Ally and the smiles she brings to my face everyday. I am thankful to the baby I am carrying for he reminds me that I need to keep my body healthy at times I don't want to eat. I am thankful for Matt and how strong he has been through this whole thing. I like to think that we are doing well coping with each others coping. We all grieve differently and sometimes it's hard to understand why someone else isn't reacting the same as us. Matt and I have different ways of doing lots of things, so I think that's helped us get through this without tearing each other down.
Anyways...I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a great New Year. I will post pictures of our fun, WARM trip later.

4 comments:

Nisha said...

Oh that sounds like a lovely vacation. I think you are a smart one to decide on a beach vacation each winter. That would be dreamy!!!

Unknown said...

Glad that you guys made it back safely and had a fun trip. We were down in Jacksonville, FL for our anniversary and had beautiful weather too, I wanted to stay longer. We need to get together soon. I will try and call you later this week.

Love,
Linds.

Jessica said...

Sitting here totally jealous of your warm vacay! Glad you guys could get away for a bit. I've only been to Disney once. Loved it.

jon and dorsey said...

M&T: Dorsey and I are glad to see that your vacation went well. Thank you for the update on how you guys are doing. We want you to know that you have been in our prayers constantly, and will continue to be. Glad to have you home again, and it's nice to see that Matt hasn't lost his touch in basketball :)