Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time out for Women-Cincinnati

Let me just say I LOVED IT! I loved sitting and listening to the speakers, Hilary Weeks, and Jenny Oaks Baker. The speakers were great, the spirit was very strong, and they were quite funny. Sheri Dew was there! I really enjoyed listening to her. Awesome!! I had never heard any of Jenny Oaks Bakers music, but now I love it. I knew I was going to enjoy Hilary Weeks. I have her CD "If I Only had Today" and absolutely love it. I bought it shortly after Sette left us and it seems like theres a song on the CD that fit all the emotions that were/still are going through me. Everything I was dealing with and knew I would be dealing with are on that CD. All the presenters had a story to tell and their struggles in life. This just reiterates to me that NO. ONE. HAS. IT. EASY. We are all going to have struggles in life. How we deal with those struggles and the choices we make will be how we are judged.
I KNOW my Savior lives. He loves ME. I know that HE knows me. He wants me to do my best. He wants me to return to Him. He is aware of my wants and needs. He is by my side each and every day trying to remind me to choose the right. He knows I'm not perfect. I know I'm not perfect. He understands me. I love this gospel. I love my family. I KNOW we will all be together again, IF we can all do what is right and try to the best of our abilities to follow the Saviors example.

My sister in law, Kim came with me to TOFW. While she, Ben and I were sitting in the convention center, Matt, Ally and Phil (Kims husband) were hanging out. I will leave it up to Matt on whether or not he shares what they did yesterday.

No comments: