Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sorry for my hiatus

The reason being we bought a house last Monday and have been busy, busy. Matt's mom came to help last Monday. She did ALL the painting pretty much. Thank you SO much Jackie. We just have to finish painting the basement, then we might take a break from painting for a bit. We have wood laminate going in on Friday, carpet should be going in about a week after that. I can't wait to get these rooms re-floored. Matt saved us some money and tore out the carpet we were replacing. Last night Matt mowed our new lawn for the first time, while Ally and I pulled weeds that were growing up through the sidewalk and driveway. We also had to rake the grass because it was so long. So as you can see we've been busy, but we've also not had internet. Yeah, the phone company somehow hooked our phone up at the right location and our internet at the wrong location. How does that happen? So we won't have internet until next Tuesday. I promise pictures will get posted, people will get invited to come over, just be patient and let me try to make my house more of a home.
Ally and I have things to buy today and lots to do. We'll see how much really ends up getting done. Ben usually is the deciding factor in how productive I am. Oh and on the subject of Ben, he had his 2 month appt the other day. He was weighing in at 13.08 and is 24 1/2 in long. Ally was 11.10 and 23 3/4 in long. Cosette was 13.13 and 23 3/4 in long. So Ben is taller than the girls were at his age, but weighs less than Cosette did (not by much though). He is such a fun boy. He loves to laugh, smile, and watch us. Last night I needed to get dinner made and Ben was wanting attention. So I layed him on the floor next to Ally, while she watched t.v. Ally was such a nice big sister. She sat there and stuck her finger in his pacifier and held it in his mouth for him. He was totally cool with that. Sometimes he really wants the pacifier, but just can't seem to keep it in his mouth. Ally is so great with him. Ben is really patient with her. I am so lucky to have 3 wonderful children and such a great husband. Matt's birthday is on Saturday, by the way.

3 comments:

Nisha said...

Have fun making your house a home! I'm excited to see pics!

MaiTy said...

I'm so excited that you guys bought a house!! Good luck with everything. It's hard work, but definitely rewarding!

The Stimpson Family said...

Congrats on the new house! Your mom told me it was right next door to Dabnie! That is exciting! (tell her hi for me!) I hope things are going well and that you are getting all your projects done. It will be so nice when you are done and can just relax!