Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is Cosette's 2nd birthday. We celebrated by going to the monument place and checking the headstone. Then the kids and I did an errand and then home for lunch and naps. When Matt got home we picked up my mom and we ate at Applebees. Came home and had family home evening and Matt mowed the lawn.
I thought about her quite a bit more than I normally do. I miss my bug. This year she would have really gotten into her birthday. She'd be at that age where she would know that today is her birthday and the whole day revolves around her. We celebrated her birthday on Saturday with her grandmas, grandpa, Great Aunt Kate, Aunt Tiffney, Aunt Kim, Uncles Travis and Trent, and of course the 4 of us. We had a small meal that she would have enjoyed. We then went out to the cemetary and sang songs and a few of us shared memories of her. I don't know how many of us weren't crying. I am still feeling the emotions running high right now, but that is to be expected.
Happy Birthday our little Angel! We love you and think of you oh so often.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Cosette! We love each of you and look forward to spending time with you on Thursday.

Love,
Linds and Fam

jon and dorsey said...

Thanks for the cry... I needed that. Those were beautiful posts. What a very sweet way to celebrate her life. Jon was just saying how he thinks that Matt is one of those stalwart guys you don't meet that often. I agree-- you both are amazing.