Friday, February 26, 2010

Sorry no pictures

Just another post with words and no pictures. This morning I asked my mom if she could come watch the kids for me so I could go to the grocery store. I normally don't have a problem taking them with me, but since they are sick I thought it'd be better for them to stay home. So she came over and played with the kids and I got a lot of shopping done in a short amount of time. When I got home I was holding Ben and he was sounding quite croupy so I called the Dr and made an appt. Ally then asked what we are doing today and I went through the day with her. The part she caught was "after nap we are eating lunch and going to the Dr." She proceeded to get herself a drink, go the bathroom and put herself down for a nap at 9:45am. Umm sweetie I planned on you taking a nap around 11/12ish, but whatever. She's just going to need to go to bed early tonight. Ben went right down for his AM nap. Ally LOVES going to the Dr. and I am never really sure why. Sure she gets a sticker and a sucker at the end of the appt, whether she was the one being seen or not. I love that my kids are AWESOME nap takers. I joke sometimes about the requirements to join our family: you have to love ice cream first and foremost, you have to love chocolate, and you will either take a nap or give mom an hour of quiet everyday. So far all of the kids have abided by this and I couldn't be more pleased!!! At the grocery today I picked up a bunch of fresh fruit and when I got home Ally and Ben were SO excited to see that I had gotten them more mandarin oranges, bananas and grapes. I also got strawberries, but Ben can't have those yet. Ally immediately helped herself to a banana, which Ben was quite upset about not being able to do. He then went over to Ally and tried to attack her hand that held the banana. I got him one and he gobbled the whole thing quite fast. I picked up some cucumbers and carrots as well and Ally can't wait for me to cut them up for her. Yeah for fresh produce!

No comments: