Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My birthday

Matt took the day off just to make sure I had a great day. Thanks, babe, I love you!
The morning started off kinda crazy, but settled down as the day went on. I picked out fabric with Aunt Kate, you'll just have to wait to see what she's making! Then we went out to eat at a Greek restaurant. It was very yummy and very filling. From there we came home and right before the kids took naps, they gave me a birthday present. They got me 2 chairs (1 for me and 1 for a friend) to sit in while the kids are playing in the front yard. Now I don't have to sit on the ground and get stuck. While the kids took naps I went and got my hair trimmed. Then Matt and I watched 7 Pounds (it was pretty good), Big Bang Theory (we still need to finish it Matt) until Ally woke up, and then we watched the Hannah Montana Best of Both Worlds movie (Ally has asked several times if she can watch it again. Then Ally and Matt made me cupcakes while I took a shower (hence the wet hair in the pictures and the pjs because it was late). They sang happy birthday to me and then I opened 2 cards (Thanks Aunt Kate and Grandma and Grandpa Smith) and a gift (thanks John and Jackie). I saved the cards and gift until the very end of the day to ensure I ended my birthday on a high note. It was nice hanging out with the family all day during the middle of the week. We do lots of family stuff, but it's usually at the end of the week. Yesterday was nice because it was in the middle.
I'll hopefully get around to posting pictures from my birthday at my mom's house.
Thanks for all of the birthday wishes!

1 comment:

Jer n' Stef said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday! That's so awesome that Matt took the day off! It sounds like you were properly pampered on your special day, as you always should be!! :)

Happy Birthday!