Friday, April 23, 2010

Benson digs in

Grandma Julie showed up at the house before dinner last night with a big birthday cupcake for Ben. I unfortunately had to leave for a church meeting and missed the whole thing, but I got to clean up some of it when I got home.
Hmmm...listening to them sing Happy Birthday, a sugar filled treat and a candle...not sure what to think.
Yum
Daddy remembered after the fact that he should probably be stripped down to the diaper for this messy occasion.
Ally enjoying the yummy cake...well actually she ate just the icing.
Oh, so good.
See how good it is?

Aaahhh
Boy, this cake eating business is sure tiring.
When I got home from my meeting, it was like 9:45, so I went to work on cleaning up the kitchen. At like 10:30, Ben woke up. Ally was still awake and watching the NFL draft with Matt. I think we had everyone in bed then by 11:15. Ben had other plans though. They included crying and being fussy. I was exhausted. Matt got him a bottle and at who knows what time got him back to sleep. By 6:30 this morning everyone was wide awake. I had a Dr. appt first thing this morning, so I left to do lists and took off for the appt. It went well, we set an induction date, found out that for the first time in 4 pregnancies, I'm measuring small.
Daddy is TIRED after not getting much sleep. Ben looks just as tired in this picture.
On the way home from the Dr. I picked up donuts and Ben LOVED them just as much as his daddy.

2 comments:

The Frymier's said...

I forgot that Benson and I share the same birthday! Happy 1st bday Benson! Lisa Frymier from the VA.

Jer n' Stef said...

I can't believe he's 1 year old already!! Happy birthday little man!