Monday, April 18, 2011

Fun do

Here's my vent for the day: if you have a girl or girls and you don't do their hair all cute once in a while, what's the point of having a girl?  Don't think I do Ally's hair all the time, well I use to, then we cut it, anyways...I still take the time and opportunity to do cute hair dos.  It makes me crazy when moms say, they don't know how to do their girls hair.  I taught myself how to do Ally's hair.  Ally and Cosette had different hair, you just have to get to know your own girls hair.  When they are watching tv, sit them in front of you and just start playing with it.  There are blogs that give detailed instructions on different hairstyles, so really there are no good excuses for your girl not having a cute hair style once in a while.  Ally really didn't start getting hair until she was close to 16 months old.  I started putting rubberbands in her hair as soon as it was long enough, so she would get use to it.  She has learned that the more she moves, the more her hair gets pulled.  Also if you put your girl in front of the mirror or give her a mirror so she can see what you are doing, that helps.  Put her in charge of holding the spray bottle and handing you rubberbands or bobby pins. 



This is the first time I did her hair.  I didn't get a picture of the second time.  I did Ally's hair at 8am and ended up just redoing it, fixing the spots that were too loose and we finished off with a green bow in the middle.  Super easy to do and she loved it.  

2 comments:

Jackie Horn said...

Pretty funky! When you take it down is it all wavy?

Grandmalich said...

Tashina I love your blog with the kids pictures. Ally has a good head of hair like her greatgrandma lich.