Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The joys of kids

Saturday night Ben threw up twice.  Sunday morning Ally came in bright and early to inform me that her stomach hurt..to which I felt her head and told her to get a book and read it in the bathroom.  You know that way if she needed to throw up, she's right there to do her business.  I then immediately went back to sleep, since it was still bright and early.  When we did roll out of bed I informed Matt that the kids were all staying home from church.  Ben was acting/behaving like he didn't feel that great.  Ally was acting fine...that is until we got to my moms house for dinner.  She was starting to look quite pale.  We pretty much ate and left to go back home.  Ally had the dry heaves most of the night and slept in the nursery, so she wouldn't bother Lucy.  This meant Matt and I were up most of the night with her and were exhausted come morning.  Ben and Ally were both running temps up to 102.5.  Even with motrin, Ally's temp wasn't really going down.  After naptime I took her temp again and this time it was 103.6, so I called the dr and they wanted to see her.  Yada yada yada...Matt met us there, he thought it could be her appendix, I just thought she needed to poop (turns out I was right) and she had some virus.  She's now on the mend and has her bowels back in order.  Ben is getting a 2 yr molar in (which is what I think caused the high temp, causing him to throw up).  Lucy is teething as well, but lucky for us, she isn't having any major issues. 

Get this: Ally is getting a new tooth in and has a wiggly one next to it.  Ben is getting his 2 yr molars. Lucy is just working on getting her baby teeth.  3 kids all teething...sound fun?  Really they are troopers and most of the time you wouldn't be able to tell. 

No comments: