Friday, November 11, 2011

A fun day

Mr. Ben and I ate lunch with Ms. Ally today.  Ben loved it.  He was too cute.  When we were signing in, the principal came over and talked to Ben.  He got down on Ben's level and Ben stuck out his hand and said "nice to meet you".  It was THE. CUTEST. THING. EVER.  I don't know where he learned that, but boy am I proud.  He was very well behaved. 
After lunch, B and I came home.  He and Lucy went down for a nap.  I got Ms. J fed, so she'd be able to make it 3 hours w/o me.  I headed back to the school and helped in Ally's class.  Ally was beaming the entire time.  I was excited to be there and able to help where they needed me.  I was telling Matt that I can see myself doing something like that later on when the kids are all in school, but I could NEVER be a teacher.   One of the things A's teacher had me do was put papers in the kids folders to take home.  She warned me that some of the folders "Important Folder" had never been emptied from the parents. SAD SAD SAD is how I felt.  How awful for those kids.  How does that make that child feel.  How inconsiderate.  It just tears at my heart to see that or to hear kids say that they don't have a hat/mittens or a coat w/ a hat.  If I was a teacher, I don't know that I'd end up taking much money home, I'd want to help those kids that "don't have".  The little girls that look like they haven't had their hair brushed in quite awhile.  My day was fun.  I am so proud of Ally and the great girl she is.  She loves learning, great at listening to her teacher, a friend to everyone, wears her heart on her sleeve, deep desire to be obedient, loves her siblings and has an  incredible relationship with each of them.  Love you Ally.

No comments: