Friday, December 09, 2011

The joys of being a mom

This morning after dropping Ally off at school, the kids and I were going to do a bit of couponing at the local grocery store (they are doing triple coupons right now).  We were literally 1 minute from the store (the gps told me so) and Ben said "mommy I spit up"..."just a minute Ben we're almost there"..."uh maa...blahhhh (he threw up)".  So I pulled over...not even in the grocery store parking lot...changed his clothes and had him sit in Ally's booster seat...and home we returned.  And since taking apart, washing and putting back together a car seat is SO much fun I thought I'd do all 4.  And then rearranged the carseats.  Cleaned all 4 bathrooms.  Folded 2 loads of laundry.  Swept the kitchen floor. Mopped the kitchen floor.  Unloaded the clean dishes from the dishwasher.  Fed the kids lunch (although I was having serious concerns about giving Ben food).  Naps for 3 kids.  Cleaned up the van a bit.  And I have been contemplating the life of a baby and how to make them stop progressing for a bit longer.  Josey is seriously moving around way too much.  She army crawls across the floor and I want her to stop growing..well for at least a few more months.  I want my immobile baby back.  My days are flying by too fast and I can't find enough time in the day to enjoy all of them.  I am just incredibly thankful that I have the opportunity to stay home with my kids and watch all of their milestones..even if they are flying by in the blink of an eye.  Ally is reading and doing math and loving school.  Ben is a jabber box and will talk your ear off if you give him the time.  Lucy loves playing mommy, coloring, following Ally around the house, trying to boss Ben around, sitting on Josey and poking her in the eye and helping mommy.  My kids are growing up too fast and I want time to slow down.  But at the same time the faster time goes, the sooner I get to be reunited with Sette.  And man do I miss that girl.  She and Lucy would be great buddies.  She'd be starting kindergarten next fall.  She'd be my helper.  I miss all her many facial expressions she could give you.  She was such a fun little girl and could so easily make me smile.  She had this love for Matt and everyday couldn't wait for him to come home.  We'd stand at our bay window and watch for him and sing "daddys homecoming".  Oh well...enough writing I guess.  I need to get back to "life". 

No comments: