Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oh oh oh the Orchard's open

This picture is for all of you that aren't able to get apple cider slushies.  They were SO good.  The kids loved them. 
Want to hear how my Tuesday went?  
We drove Ally to piano.  Came home and packed lunch for us.  Picked Ally up from piano.  Did a few errands.  Drove downtown to have lunch with Matt.  Drove to the northside of town for a dr. appt.   As we were getting ready to get on the elevator, a lady was coming out of an office pushing a cart full of food.  The cart had delectable looking brownies on top.  The lady stopped me and told me to wait a minute.  She started scooping brownies into bowls and handing them to my kids.  These were so delectable that they were also extremely messy.  My kids devoured them in the elevator and finished them as we were in the waiting room.  I explained to the lady at the front desk, that the mess was NOT my fault.  I wouldn't ever hand my kids a brownie without a bathtub nearby. 
 Lu had a follow up appt to check on the tubes in her ears.  While the ENT was checking out Lu's tubes, I asked if she wouldn't mind looking at Jo's ears and telling me whether she had an ear infection.  She was happy to check them.  Jo on the other hand started screaming as soon as her ears were touched. Sure enough she had 1 ear that was infected and the other had some drainage.  So I called the pediatrician and they were nice enough to call in an antibiotic for me, so I didn't have to take her in.   Back to my day... Lucy's tubes are doing fine, her hearing is fine.
We got home, changed our clothes and headed to the splash pad.  Oh and Ally had not napped at all.  Ben and Lucy had taken a 20 minute nap and Jo kept falling asleep because she just wasn't feeling well.  So we get to the splash pad and Jo just wants to be held and falls asleep.  Ben is so skinny he gets cold easily.  So the kids ended up playing at the playground.  We stopped by the pharmacy and got Jo her medicine.  By the time we got home it was almost 7pm.  My kids are use to eating at 5pm and bed at 7pm.  They were TIRED.  But they did a good job holding it together.  We waited for Matt to get home and got them to bed.  Then I painted the ceiling in the family room.  Matt worked on the baseboards.  Fun, long, exhausting day.

No comments: