Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sometimes all you can do is laugh

On the way home from church Ally was saying that Cosette was next to her.  We talked about how Heaven is all around us, but she isn't always next to her.  At this point she was getting upset because she didn't feel like she was right.  I then said, "she probably doesn't want to be next to you when you're like this".  Ben said, "yeah she wants to be next to me, not you". 

Josey's daily goal is to create firsts for mommy.  Since she is #5 there aren't many options left.  She gets very creative.  Yesterday when I went in to get her up from her nap, I smelled poop.  She then informs me that she pooped and wants out.  As I walk closer to the crib, I SEE. THE. POOP. IN. THE. MIDDLE. OF. THE.CRIB.  There is poop all over her bedding.  The crazy thing is, there was no poop on her hands, fingers or feet.  Not sure how it got all over the bed and I was most certainly not going to ask for fear of her reply. I just laughed as I cleaned it all up, got her washed and the bedding washed.  I like to take these moments to laugh, so I don't have a negative memory of how I reacted. 

Another time I've just had to stand back and laugh is in the middle of the night.  Josey is my worst teether.  It takes her the longest to cut teeth and she reacts the worst to the pain in the middle of the night.  The other kids would take tylenol/ibuprofen and were fine.  Josey doesn't have any change with a pain reliever.  So Matt and I were only getting a few hours of very split sleep.  I would just stand at her crib and giggle because at that point I was either going to cry or laugh from lack of sleep.  Anyways, I bought Hylands teething tablets yesterday and last night was great.  She only woke up once and went back to sleep, after giving her chocolate milk.

Today at nap time Josey would not stop jumping in her bed and making all sorts of noise (fun noise, but still noise).  I went in and asked her to go to sleep, she looks at me very seriously and says "get chocolate milk, I go sleep."  Guess who is going to get cut on their amount of brown cows.  Lets get through this teething thing, and then we'll cut back on the brown cows. 

No comments: