Thursday, November 07, 2013

Grateful

Last night the kids were watching "Signing Time" and Ally was questioning whether or not a sign they used was the right sign.  I told her that in Utah, that's how they sign that word and then showed her how it is signed here in Indiana.  I am thankful for a daughter that asks questions and questions adults when she's not sure if they are right.  Yes this can be quite annoying, but I am glad that my kids know that they can ask questions and it is okay to question adults when you're not sure. 
I am also thankful for a fun 4 year old.  He told me this morning that he loved me SO much because I got his geo trax trains out for him.  He was even more excited when he came home from preschool to find that mommy had built a REALLY cool track all over the dining room. 
I am thankful for our independent and demanding 3 year old.  She tests my patience on an hourly basis, but is really good about saying "please and thank you".  She loves to snuggle with mommy and daddy.  She is best buds with 1 of her siblings all the time (but never more than 1). 
I am thankful for our busy 2 year old.  She is always up to something.  Currently she wants to be potty trained, but doesn't want to do the work on her end.  She loves to sleep smack up next to mom during the night.  She likes to wrestle with Ben and daddy.  She loves to play "mom and dad" with the big kids.  She knows what she wants and will hold out until mommy (daddy doesn't usually give in) gives in.  She loves Holly the cat and is starting to be nicer to her.  She is feisty and mean, but follows it with pinching our cheeks and saying "I wuv you mommy (or daddy)".
I am thankful for our forever 15 month old that is our constant reminder to do better.  We miss her dearly and look forward to the day that we get to have all of our kids together.  I am thankful for the time we had with her and the memories we created.  I am thankful for a temple marriage that seals us as a forever family. 
I am thankful for the time I've had to carry this little baby.  I look forward to a month from now when we get to deepen our bond.  I love the smell of new babies fresh from Heaven.  I am thankful he has 4 siblings that are excited to meet him and 1 that will be sad to see him leave. 
I am thankful for a husband that loves me.  I love watching him with our kids and knowing he's grown so much because of them.  I love that he takes care of us (even if he is feeling too tired) and doesn't complain too much (he's done a great job massaging my sore carpal tunnel hands this pregnancy).  He works hard at work and home knowing that it will eventually pay off (the kids won't be so abusive, eventually, right?). 

No comments: