Friday, April 17, 2009

Confused

Last night we were reading scriptures with Ally and after we were done, we kind of talked about the pictures. We read about when Christ visits the Americas. Right before I shut the book I tell her what we are going to read about the following night. I went on to show her that we were going to be reading about Christ blessing the children. She started crying and got really upset. When we asked her what was wrong, she said she didn't want to go see Jesus.
For the last 4 1/2 months we've talked about how Cosette lives with Jesus. We are assuming that she thought she was going to go too. Obviously she's not ready to leave us and we aren't ready for her to leave either. We settled her down and to bed she went. Hopefully tonight when we read scriptures she understands.

2 comments:

Pini said...

Oh sweet little Ally! What a precious post.
I hope you are feeling well! Keep us posted!!

Stephanie Waite said...

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that my 3 year old daughter does this too. She is terrified of dying and going to heaven. I think kids this age just don't understand the concept of death. We have had lots of conversations about this with her. I think it is totally normal and just an age thing. They will better understand the concepts of death and heaven and that most people are old grandmas and grandpas before they die. It just may take time for them to grow a bit older first.

Good luck. I saw your post on contractions. I am right there with you. I will be watching to see when your little one comes.

Loves,
Stephanie Waite
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com