Thursday, April 09, 2009

Obviously we need to talk about where things come from

Last Sunday my mom and Ally were making pudding and as they were adding the milk my mom asked Ally if she knew where milk came from.
Ally: Walmart
my mom: where does Walmart get the milk?
Ally: Kroger
my mom: where does Kroger get the milk?
Ally: I don't know

I guess from now on we need to talk about where we get certain things- milk from a cow, meat from different animals, eggs from chickens, grains from fields, anyways...I'm not sure she'll really understand.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha, ha! You guys need to take a trip to the Traders Pointe Creamery. You can watch them milk the cows there.

Nisha said...

That's funny! We just "milked" a cow at Thanksgiving Point this week. Not sure if Sophie would equate it with the milk in the fridge at home though.

Unknown said...

Every thing comes from Walmart, right?=) I can understand why she would think that too, as much time as you spend there - just kidding (sort of)!

Keep us updated and let me know if you need anything at all. I am only an hour away.

Tasha said...

That is great! Totally something my kiddo would say too!