Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Proud parents

You know those moments when your kids show you just how well they DO pay attention. Every night after we read scriptures and say prayers with Ally, Matt leaves the room and Ally requests songs. At some point in the near future she is going to realize just how awful her mom sings, but until then I will continue to sing her song requests. Anyways..last night she asked for- A Childs Prayer. I would stop singing and she would continue singing. I am sure she knows the entire song. After that song she requested- Love is Spoken Here, she knows that one as well. Matt and I were blown away at how well she knows the words.

On another note, Allys birthday is in 2 months. I got this brilliant idea the other day while we were shopping. Ally was on the verge of a meltdown/tantrum because I told her I wasn't going to buy her a certain toy. I told her she can ask for it for her birthday and put it on her birthday wishlist. She seemed satisfied with that answer, so that's what we did. We came home and made a birthday wishlist and put it on the refridgerator so we can add to it anytime she sees something else she wants. This has solved lots of meltdowns the last week. I think after her birthday, we'll have to start on a Christmas list.

We went to Wal-Mart this morning and before we left Ally said we needed to make a list. So thats what I had her do. I told her the 2 things we needed to get and she wrote them on her post-it (in her scribbles). When we got to the store I asked her what we needed to get, she looked at her list and told me the 2 things we needed. I am not sure if she just remembered what I had told her before we left or if she really knew what her scribbles meant, but I was impressed either way.

3 comments:

Allery said...

when I saw the post title I thought for sure you must of had your baby!! lol Ally seems very smart! now wonder your proud!!

Pini said...

Ally and Evan need to sing a duet in nursery! :) He loves his primary songs too. It's amazing that they memorize things so quickly! We missed you on Sun. Hope you are feeling well. We are excited for you...not too much longer now! Yea!

Farmer Kim said...

Hey. We got Ally's drawings today in the mail. They were great! They looked like us with eyes and everything she has grown up a lot since the ones she made for my birthday!

Kim