Saturday, November 14, 2009

A random post

First I'll start with our night last night. We took Al to the pediatrician on Wednesday and he said what she has is viral, so we get to see how long this sticks around. She has a super loud, awful sounding cough (almost like my brothers cough he had with H1N1, but the dr said she doesn't have that). So she's been waking up during the night from coughing. Last night we laid the kids down at 8ish and then we went down to the basement to watch some HGTV. At a little after 10pm we heard Ally coming down the stairs. So we finished watching the episode we were watching and then all headed to bed. She slept until 2:45am when I heard her going down the stairs (at this point I leaned over and told Matt, thinking he'd take care of it) and heading to the basement to watch tv. At 3:35am Matt and I woke up to her walking up the stairs and then informing us she was hungry and needed to eat and get a drink. Once it registered with Matt that she had been in the basement watching tv at this hour, he got mad and stormed down stairs to turn off the tv. Ally layed in our bed all distraught that she couldn't watch tv now. When Matt got back upstairs and into bed Ally asked if he'd get her a drink. He hates making extra trips so this really got him going, but he went and got her a drink and in the mean time I coaxed her into her own bed. At 5 something Ben woke up and Matt went and got him a bottle, then got him back in his own bed. At 6 something Ally woke up and we told her she could now go and watch tv. I got to sleep until just before 8am because Matt had basketball. HORRIBLE NIGHT! I'm pooped. Thanks Matt for making all those trips up and down the stairs. That's another reason you're on that side of the bed!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I am SOOOO tired of the "it's something viral" response from pediatricians. That's what I was told before we ended up in the ER with Thomas only to find out he had strep and pneumonia :(