Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Improvements

Matt got A LOT done this weekend. It started with hanging up pictures in a few rooms. Ally got to help.
She doesn't quite understand why her tool set won't work for daddy's jobs.
Matt started here by taking the phone down that was on the wall and then putting the coat rack up. Then we went to Lowes to look at our options for a shoe rack. It started off looking like it was going to be $80-$90 and ended up costing $14 after we found a cheaper way to do it and it was going to be more of what we wanted. We are very satisfied with how it turned out.
Then Matt moved the TV we had in the family room, to our bedroom and put it up on the wall. Then he put the TV we just got from his parents, in the family room and hooked the DVD player up to it.
Okay I will start by saying, YES I know the pictures on the wall are crooked. The only time I seem to notice it is when I take a picture in this room. I think just from the movement and the hardwood floors, they move around more than they normally would. The first picture is the after picture. We were at Lowes and trying to figure out what to do with lighting for this room and Matt's dad made a suggestion and we went with it.
I definitely think it did wonders for the room. These were both taken in the evening and without the flash. HUGE difference. We are loving that the room is more kid friendly now. We did have a little lamp on the floor and Ben enjoyed playing with it when it was on. Now we have no lamp on the floor and have LOTS of light to enjoy the room.

Oh and we bought a deep freezer that we are quite excited about. I can't wait to start filling it up. Right now it is in the garage waiting for me to stock it full of food. I can't wait to find great deals on food to put in it!!

1 comment:

Bryan and Molly said...

ooooh - a deep freezer is on the top on my want list too! I cant wait to get one and stock it up!!! Crazy what we adults get excited about these days :)