Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh what fun, oh what joys, oh the stories

So Friday Josey had her 6 month appt with the pediatrician. 
Yesterday Ben went to the pediatrician and he has Croup (for real this time,not because of his acid reflux).
Today I received a phone call from Ally's school nurse saying that she had thrown up and was now unresponsive.  I loaded the kids in the van, drove to the school, got there and she started having a seizure.  The nurse was in there, the principal and her teacher.  They were all so great.  After her seizure finished, her principal carried her to the van, buckled her in and rode with us to our house, to make sure we got there safely.  I met my mom at our house.  I offered the principal a ride back to the school, but he said he'd really enjoy the walk back.  So I got Lu and Ben dropped off with Grandma and headed to the ER with the girls.  (I had called the ped. while I was in the nurse's office).  They got us right in.  Matt met us there.  Ally was def. not her self.  So I don't write an entire book about this.....she has a uti, which triggered the fever, which triggered the febrile seizure.  She is back to herself now.  Her teacher is so awesome.  Her principal is so awesome.  We are so blessed to have both of them part of Ally's life.  The nurses and Dr. were great.  It wasn't nearly as awful as when we went to Riley.  We were in and out faster.  Ally just wanted to get home and was quite grumpy.  The girls and I got the other 2 picked up, picked up McDonalds (2nd night in a row, thanks to the dr. last night w/Ben.) 
OH and Ben slept w/ us last night since he still had a fever and was trying to break it.  Ally had a slight fever last night and was screaming and crying in her sleep for quite awhile.  Ben finally broke his fever.  Josey was in and out of our bed to nurse.  Ben thrashed around and beat on Matt most of the night.  Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep and we didn't get very good sleep. 
So Ally had her principal and teacher quite worried.  I'm thankful for them and the love that they show to Ally.  Ally loves both of them and adores her teacher.  She thinks her principal is hilarious. 

1 comment:

The Stimpson Family said...

SO scary, Tashina!!! I am so glad Ally is ok and nothing more went wrong! Wow! I hope you all get some good sleep soon!