Thursday, August 09, 2007

Just an update about my doctors appt. I had on Tuesday. Obviously it didn't go that well, since I am just now writing about it. I was thinking that they'd measure me and I'd be as big as I was with Ally ( I know I definitely feel huge). Nope, I am measuring at 34 weeks, that was like 2 1/2 weeks behind where I am. With Ally I was always at least 2 weeks ahead. Am I a little sad, yes. Why you ask? Because now I am thinking that when I go back next week they will say we can just wait it out since the baby isn't measuring as big as Ally. For those of you that have been pregnant, you know that when you get your mind set on something and have to change things, that it doesn't go over well with you. I am REALLY hoping we can still induce this baby next week. If not, I am going to be one very sad pregnant lady.
On a happier note, I went to Tyler Mason on Tuesday after my doctors appt. It was the best massage I have ever had, EVER. It was so nice. I think it helped that this lady (unlike the lady I had for my other 2 massages) was pregnant with her 2nd child. So she knew where your body normally aches when you're pregnant. She did such a good job I just about asked her to come stay at my house and massage me until the baby comes. But we don't have the money for that right now, maybe after Matt graduates (he's already told me no to a live in masseuse).
Ally has become my favorite comedian. She is SO funny. I'm not just saying that because I spend every second of everyday with her. She really is funny. She has gotten into telling me jokes (I don't understand them, but I laugh anyways). She loves to sing (once again, we have no idea what she is singing, but it's sweet). She sings to her dolls, toys, Matt and I, and anyone else who will listen.
Today we went and saw my friend (I used to babysit her daughter) and her new baby boy. He was very little compared to Ally at his age. He is 2 weeks old and weighs 8lbs. He was quite cute. Ally kept trying to pick him up by the front of his shirt, like she does with her dolls. She didn't seem to mind when I held him for 20 minutes (I was very relieved she was okay with it). Now if she will only be that way when we bring our baby home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We're so excited for you. I have been meaning to ask you if you had a baby shower?? Do you usually have one for your second?? We love you both and hope things go well, and that everyone stays healthy!