Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pack, unpack, pack, unpack

That is how I feel lately. Luckily we should be done for awhile. We love going away, but lately it seems like all we do. We got back from Disney last Monday, on Saturday we drove up to Matt's parents house and spent the night, came back on Sunday, then the 3 of us drove to Cincinnati on Tuesday and got back this morning. Ally loves going to hotels and gets excited about it. She usually sleeps just fine when we are away from home, so we're lucky. Yesterday while Matt was in a conference all day Ally and I went to the Cincinnati Childrens Museum. We had a good time. I was telling Matt that it seemed smaller to me this time, but I thought that it might have something to do with me only needing to keep my eye on 1 kid instead of 2. We had a good time and I just let Ally take the lead on what we did and for how long. Then we ate lunch at Wendys and I let her pick where we sat, what she got for lunch (with a bit of guidance), and what kind of dessert we got. After that we headed back to the hotel and took naps. When Matt got back we headed to IKEA. Neither of us had ever been there before. We love it and will be back when we need to buy furnishings for our house. I found the bed we want to get Ally and a cute table and chair set for her as well. I am super excited about buying all that stuff and probably even more excited to just get a house.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Ikea is AWESOME! When Thomas and I moved into our house we went that same week and bought tons of stuff! mostly because it is so cheap! I am glad you guys had a good time.

Jer n' Stef said...

You've been very busy! The kids love hotels too! Whenever we are on any sort of long car ride and it starts to get dark, Dallin will shout out, "It's time to go to the Hotel!" XD

Unknown said...

Hey! Hope you are doing well. We will probably be up in Plainfield next Saturday, the 24th (I think). Would you guys be up to hanging out?

Linds.