Monday, September 14, 2009

The gate

We were having problems with Ally getting up during the night and joining us in our bed. One night in particular she came in our room, after she peed in her bed. So I wasn't really in the mood to change sheets at 3 am, so I told her to get in bed with me. Next thing I know, she peed in my bed and all over me. YUK! That was the last straw. So for the last few nights we've put up the baby gate just to reinforce what we're wanting her to do. It's worked. She knows how to climb over the gate (she has a step stool in her room she uses), so it's not like we're making her a prisoner. And she only climbs over it in the morning when she knows she can get out of bed. So if you are having issues with a kid in your bed, this might work for you too.

1 comment:

traci said...

Ah, the joining you in bed stage. We've done similar things, though if a child can sneak into our bed without waking us I consider it fair game.