Saturday, December 05, 2009

Angel Day #1

Hopefully we don't have to get too far with our counting of Angel Days. I'm going to write this about me and let Matt do his own post, if he wants. My emotions have been on the rise for the last 2 weeks. It probably didn't help that for 4 days in a row I had things with primary going on, but next year that won't happen. Matt took Wednesday afternoon and Thursday off and has just been hanging out with us. We got some things done- Christmas tree put up, dining room table put up, garage cleaned out (Matt did it all by himself), put lights on our tree in the front yard (Matt also did this by himself), got some things picked up around the house, did errands and ate out a bunch. Yesterday we got flowers from our friends the Edwards, thanks guys!Today we woke up to cinnamon rolls, a crown for Ally and flowers (thanks Dabney and Kathy). I hadn't really done much laundry this week, so I worked on laundry this morning, while Matt cleaned out the garage and put lights on our lonely tree in the yard. Then we headed to pick out some flowers for Cosette. Then we went to Sams Club to pick up some hot drinks (2 different boxes of hot chocolate and a box of apple cider), formula, and a few other things. Since it was Saturday we hit up all the samples and then headed back towards home to take the flowers to Cosette. I was SO excited that it was sunny outside. I think it would have really changed my day had it been gloomy. Now we are home and we're planning on ending the day driving around to look at Christmas lights and drink hot chocolate while looking at them, then come home and make brownies and then put ice cream on them. It's been a great day thus far, with the exception of the title that this day now holds for us. I miss Cosette oh so much. My heart aches to think how much I miss her and how much she would've grown over the last year. She would have loved having Benson around. The 3 kids would have gotten along great. I am so lucky and grateful for the knowledge that I KNOW I will see her again. She is my bug and I am her mommy. When the day comes for us to see her again, it will truly be a special one. I look forward to that day, but also know I have a lot to do on my end to ensure my place in Heaven. There's definitely a piece missing from our family, but some day soon she will fill it. Until then we have the imprint she's left on our hearts, family and home. I miss you tons bug!
I love you,
Mommy

2 comments:

The Stimpson Family said...

We love you guys and are praying for you to be comforted through this hard time of year. We love you and love your sweet Cosette. It was a blessing to know her and have her in our home. She is beautiful and very much missed. Hang in there.

jon and dorsey said...

Tashina, you escaped church without my bear hug! :0) I guess I will have to fulfill my promise another time...
I'm so glad that you had a lovely family day on Cosette's angel day. I also really appreciated Matt's post and what he shared. Thank you guys for your honesty and sharing from your heart. It's beautiful to hear.
And btw, your new family photo is gorgeous! You guys look so good. The smiles are beautiful.
love, dors